Root: The Tabletop Roleplaying Game (RPG) is the officially licensed tabletop RPG based on the award-winning board game – Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right.
War has returned to the Woodland!
The Marquise de Cat led her armies to victory over many of the clearings, but the Eyrie Dynasties rose again to oppose her. The mice, rabbits, and foxes of the Woodland will not sit idly by. Their Woodland Alliance, a homegrown rebellion, emerged, promising to free the Woodland from any oppressors!
In the midst of this war, you and your friends – vagabonds all – travel between the clearings, taking on jobs no one else can or will do. You choose whom you serve, if anyone... but everyone knows you can tip the balance of this war. Your adventures and alliances will define the Woodland forever!
- Nine unique playbooks, each built to help you create a vagabond whose exploits will echo in the Woodland for generations to come.
- Easy-to-follow rules for an adventure which includes roguish feats, reputation and travel mechanics, and more.
- Innovative mechanics for managing equipment, weapons, and combat that make your choices matter both tactically and narratively.
- Detailed instructions for running Root: The Tabletop RPG – crafting combats, managing factions, and more.
- Hardcover book with dimensions of 6" x 9".
- Artwork by Kyle Ferrin.
- Map creation system.
- Gamemaster (GM) materials, including tables and randomized generators to make running the game easier!
- Free PDF via DriveThruRPG.