Join other ambitious guild leaders in mining and developing the famous City of Silver during its period of rapid economic growth and expansion in the 14th century — from the first discovery of silver near the cistercian monastery to the construction of Kutná Hora, which quickly became one of the most important cities in central Europe.
In each round of Kutná Hora: The City of Silver, players take turns selecting actions from a hand of double-sided cards to engage strategic plans like mining, purchasing plots of land to build on, gaining permits, raising buildings for their affiliated guilds, gaining profit from their production and, of course, working towards the construction of Saint Barbara’s Cathedral.
The asymmetrical nature of each player’s available guilds makes for highly interactive rounds where each decision impacts the economy and other players in interesting ways as they expand their mines and build infrastructure across a shared board.
Mine ore and smelt it into a fortune of silver for expanding this beautiful historic city, but take care to balance your personal goal advancement with the need to further the city’s growth. Everything is connected, and sometimes the path to personal victory relies on the prosperity of the many.
- Gain influence by directing guilds and contributing to the city’s prosperity through mining, smelting, building, food, entertainment, and more.
- Acquire and construct guild-aligned buildings that provide benefits and synergies that thematically tie into the famous Czech city’s historic economic development.
- Experience a dynamic real-life supply and demand economy that shifts with each decision made. Every game tells a different story.
- Collectively work towards building the majestic St. Barbara’s Cathedral, earning increasingly powerful perks with each milestone completed.
- 1 Main board
- 1 Supplementary board for the buildings offer
- 4 Dual-layer player boards
- 2 Stands for the market decks
- St. Barbara tiles
- Guild tiles
- Building tiles
- Mine tiles
- Councilor tokens
- Cardboard coins
- Action cards
- Market cards
- Setup cards
- Set of tokens for each player
- points, reputation, and production trackers
- 1 Rulebook
- Reference sheets for each player