Heidi Taillefer (Canadian b. 1970) Brewing the Yangtze, 2000
is a large-format oil painting of a five-clawed royal dragon representing China’s longest and most important river, the Yangtze. The imagery is replete with symbols of Chinese culture: golden carp suggest wealth and prosperity, cranes represent longevity and wisdom, and disembodied human hands—whether reverently clasped or holding a ceremonial weapon to pierce the dragon—allude to the interplay of humankind with the natural world. Nicknamed “the dragon lady” as the result of a childhood obsession, Taillefer deepens her fascination with dragons and Chinese mythology in Brewing the Yangtze
, reproduced in glorious detail on this 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle.
- Gather with family and friends for puzzling together!
- Crafted with attention to every detail
- High-quality 250-GSM matte art-paper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
- Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
- Produced using thick recycled paper board
- Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world