Enter the world of Middle-earth with The One Ring™, the official tabletop roleplaying game based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien. Designed specifically to evoke the atmosphere of The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™, the game contains rules for creating heroes and sending them off on adventures in a land threatened by the growing Shadow.
This beautifully illustrated, full-color hardcover manual presents Middle-earth as it was twenty years after Bilbo Baggins’ remarkable disappearance and unexpected return. The great events narrated in The Lord of the Rings™ are still fifty years away, leaving plenty of room to narrate stories worthy of an epic.
Now in its second edition, The One Ring™ comes with updated and revised rules, a new visual style, and a focus on the land of Eriador — the lone-lands west of the Misty Mountains.
- Rules for traveling across the land (Journey), facing frightening foes (Combat), and meeting the personalities of Middle-earth (Council).
- Thorough advice for the Loremaster on how to bring Middle-earth to life, including rules for magical treasure, the Shadow, and the Eye of Mordor.
- In-depth information on six Patrons — individuals sponsoring the adventures of the Player-Heroes — including Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey.
- A bestiary containing a spread of adversaries, from lowly Orc Soldiers and Highway-Robbers, to monstrous Cave-Trolls and Barrow-Wights.
- Rules to create your very own Nameless Things — unknowable beings from the dark corners of the world.
- A complete Landmark adventure, The Star of the Mist, with extra support for new Loremasters, in the form of tutorial advice throughout.