Chaos draft. Cube draft. ??? draft. Go off-format with Mystery Booster's huge pool of wild and wonderful cards pulled from over 20 years of Magic history—Over 1,600 reprints and 121 surprises you’ll have to see to believe. Fill an 8-person draft and never see the same card twice!
What is Mystery Booster: Convention Edition?
It's an awesome experience with the feel of a "Chaos Draft" that uses multiple Magic Draft Boosters from different releases but bundles the cards and variety you'd experience into one amazing package. The set itself contains a whopping 1,670 reprints from across the game's history (see below for the full list), plus 121 copies of something new and surprising—R&D Playtest cards you won't find anywhere outside of Mystery Booster: Convention Edition. There are so many cards packed into the possibilities, you could fill an entire eight-person draft and not see the same card twice.
Cards in Mystery Booster have the original set symbols and numbering of one of their printings. The only difference is a Planeswalker symbol in the lower left corner, like what you find on cards from The List in Set Boosters.
Each Mystery Booster: Convention Edition booster pack contains fifteen cards: fourteen from the gigantically awesome main set, and one from that "something new and surprising" group of R&D Playtest cards.
Changes in this version:
With Mystery Booster: Convention Edition's return, there were a few updates made from its initial release. You can find a full list of changes in this article on the official MTG website.
Booster Box contents:
24 Mystery Booster: Convention Edition Booster Packs, each with:
- 2 white commons or uncommons
- 2 blue commons or uncommons
- 2 black commons or uncommons
- 2 red commons or uncommons
- 2 green commons or uncommons
- 1 multicolor common or uncommon
- 1 artifact or land common or uncommon
- 1 rare or mythic rare with the card frame introduced in Core Set 2015
- 1 card from before Core Set 2015 (can be a common, uncommon, rare or mythic rare)
- 1 "playtest card"—an original design that sometimes bends Magic’s traditional rules