Jumpstart takes the best parts of limited and constructed Magic and fuses them into a dynamic, innovative play experience. Grab two boosters, shuffle them together, and you’re ready to go!
Each Jumpstart booster includes 20 cards. All 20 cards fit one of 46 possible themes, and most themes have multiple variations—enough to make 121 possible 20-card lists inside any given pack.
That makes 14,000 possible decklists—enough that every game of Jumpstart is going to be a new experience.
Themes range from real-world creatures (like Dogs and Cats), to familiar Magic standbys (like Milling and Angels), to the more peculiar (like Well-Read and Tree-Hugging). Even the strangest mash-ups are designed to work together!
Jumpstart: Key Features
- Some of the basic lands show off magnificent art, printed here for the first time.
- One in three boosters includes an extra rare.
- It's loaded with reprints—almost 500 of them.
- Jumpstart introduces 37 cards to the game.
- It's closely tied to Core Set 2021—they share a lot of content—but Jumpstart is a stand-alone product.
- All cards are legal in Eternal formats (Legacy, Vintage, Commander)
- Some extra-special "Mythic Rare" themes (like Phyrexian, Walls, and Rainbow) have only one possible card list.
Booster Box Contents:
24 Jumpstart Booster Packs, each containing:
- 1 Pack Summary card
- 20 cards based on one of 46 mechanical or archetype synergies
- All the lands needed to play