In 1775 Rebellion, players take on the roles of the American Continental Army and Patriots against the British Army and the Loyalists. Each side tries to control the colonies, provinces, and territories. They call on the aid of Native Americans, as well as the German Hessians, and French Army in order to successfully birth a revolution or quell the rebellion. The four factions each use their own deck of cards to move their units into positions. Battles are resolved quickly with custom dice. If you can control an entire colony, province, or territory you raise a flag. When the game ends with the signing of the Treaty of Paris, the side with the most flag markers is the winner.
The game also comes with an advanced scenario, "The Siege of Quebec". We recommend this for players comfortable with the basic rules.
Winner of the Board Game Geek "Golden Geek 2013" Award for "Best Wargame."
- 35 Red British Regulars, 2 Red Battle Dice
- 45 Yellow Loyalist Militia, 3 Yellow Battle Dice
- 40 Blue Continental Army, 2 Blue Battle Dice
- 45 White Patriot Militia, 3 White Battle Dice
- 12 Orange Germain Hessians, 2 Orange Battle Dice
- 10 Purple French Regulars, 2 Purple Battle Dice
- 18 Green Native Americans, 2 Green Battle Dice